LLNL researchers—and visiting scientists—use LLNL’s world-class experimental resources as they explore challenges in nuclear science and radiochemistry.
LLNL has more than 50 radiological labs designed for studying radioactive isotopes. In addition, our technology includes:
- Accelerator Mass Spectrometry. Conduct ultra-sensitive isotope ratio measurements.
- Resonance Ionization Mass Spectrometry. Measure isotopes with lasers that ionize atoms.
- Nano-Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry. Analyze isotope ratios in sub-micron samples.
- High-Resolution Mass Spectrometry. Measure isotopic compositions of environmental samples.
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometry. Analyze radiological and chemical threat agents.
- Transmission Electron Microscopy. Capture high-resolution images of nanoscale and microscale material processes.
Learn more about: